Our Family

Our Family
Our happy little family: Corey, Jayden, Mindy & Abbie

Monday, January 26, 2009

Two...and good at it!

I will not speak the "Terrible Twos" into existence. I won't, I won't, I won't.



Have you ever looked up the synonyms of "terrible"? Some of my favorites are:

  • Appalling
  • Awe-inspiring (that could be good or bad)
  • Beastly
  • Dire
  • Frightful
  • Loathsome
  • Shocking
  • Unnerving

And might I add uncooperative to the mix?

We tried to get Jayden and Abbie's pictures taken on Saturday. Notice I said, tried. We actually scheduled an appointment, got the kiddos all dressed up and loaded in the car, drove all the way to Sacramento and paid, yes paid, for a someone to take their pictures while they cried, cried harder, refused to look at the camera, and, well, you get the picture. No pun intended.

Again, I will not speak the "Terrible Twos" into existence.

I will merely sit back with my cup of decaf and laugh at the fact that our favorite little boy does so many cute little things, has the best, most dimply smile on the planet, and used to love getting his picture taken but has decided that his word of the moment is simply, "nuh-uh" (translation: not gonna happen and you can't make me.)



So while I don't have a whole lotta dimply pictures to show off at the moment, there are a few. As for the rest, just know that we had a blast playing peek-a-boo this day.

I see your smile.


Oop, now it's gone.


Oh, there it is again.


Now it's gone again.


But whether smiling or not, he's still our favorite little boy. He's just 2...and good at it!



And by the way, some of my favorite antonyms of terrible are:

  • Awe-inspiring (this time in a good way)
  • Divine
  • Enjoyable
  • Groovy (for my hippie mama!)
  • Peachy
  • Pleasant
  • Sensational
  • Wondrous
Have a wondrous day!

2 comments:

Christel said...

So cute! We've definitely been there....

Anonymous said...

Groovy -- gotta love that!

Word verification: tuffe: What I used to say to my sister when she didn't like something I did. Sorry, Janet