Our Family

Our Family
Our happy little family: Corey, Jayden, Mindy & Abbie

Friday, June 26, 2009

O-U-C-H !

Boys will be boys...



They will fall, they will crash, they will get bruised and bloodied...



...and it will break a Mama's heart!



Jayden had his first big crash tonight.

He fell on the concrete bleachers at the baseball game. Daddy was there to pick him up when he fell but Mommy's heart about stopped when Daddy and Jayden came walking over with blood dripping all over this nose and mouth! I thought for sure we were headed to Urgent Care but thankfully when the blood cleared he didn't need stitches. He just needed Daddy and Mommy to clean him off and love his boo-boos away.

Somehow I doubt this'll be the only big ouchie we'll be caring for over the next several years of boyhood.

I hope my heart can take it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your heart will take it, but it is never the same. When Brian was 5 he fell off his bike on Mother's Day, lost his top 4 baby teeth and had 8 stitches in his top lip. When we got home from the ER that night he said to me, lip so swollen he could barely talk, "Mom, I'm so glad this didn't happen to you." I'll never forget that. Never. It was the sweetest thing . . . and that was Brian's heart.

Christel said...

Ahhh honey, I'm sorry! Give Jayden a big hug from all of us. It's amazing how tough they are. When Eli got his stitches a couple weeks ago, he was such a big boy! I almost passed out (which is really weird - I could handle everything, but the mommy hormones took over and when I finally relaxed - whoooooie!), but he was such a trooper!!!!!

Mother Hood said...

Poor baby! They should make concrete softer!